There are also several other ways to use phpList
phpList version 3.6.0 is the latest stable release. It was released on Monday 11, January 2021.
If you are upgrading from a version earlier than 3.4.7, then read our manual chapter on upgrading. The general procedure is as follows:
- Backup your database
- Copy your config.php file in a safe place
- Download the latest version of phpList
- Overwrite all of the code of the current version with the new one. You can upload the “lists” directory and all it contains
- Copy your config.php back
- Login to the phpList admin pages and click the “upgrade” link
- Just to be sure, use the “Verify database structure” page to check that your database structure is correct
You may also wish to check the latest config.php and re-edit it to match your system.