A new version for phpList is now ready for download, introducing several changes. Version 3.6.1 includes improvements for short URLs, PHP 8, minor changes for security enhancements and better documentation.
Changes to look for
- Log event for fetching URL success only when verbose is now enabled. The function fetchUrl() adds to the event log in several places. In all but one case that is when VERBOSE is enabled. Thanks to @duncanc or the implementation. Have a look at the Pull Request.
- Remove leading HTTPS as well as HTTP when shortening a URL. Previously, when a URL was shortened for display, such as to show link clicks, a leading “http://” was removed but not a leading “https://”. Thank @duncanc for the implementation. Have a look at the Pull Request.
- Small fixes have been added to ensure the application works fine with PHP 8.
- Documentation for UNSUBSCRIBE_JUMPOFF has been updated to be optimum. Thanks to @duncanc for the implementation.
- Change results display to information so that the content stays on the page. See Pull Request.
This release is the work of Duncan Cameron and other Open Source community members who have submitted bug reports and valuable feedback, as well as phpList Ltd. developers. To get involved in phpList development, check out the developer resources pages.
Need help upgrading your phpList server to the newest version? Ask the community at discuss.phplist.org. Professional support from community experts, as well as manuals, source code, and developer resources, can be found at phplist.org. Report all bugs to the bugtracker!