A new phpList version is available, introducing several improvements and fixes. phpList 3.6.2 is now available for download.
Note: Given a large number of changes introduced in PHP 8, phpList cannot support yet these changes. This means that you might encounter issues with your phpList installation while using PHP 8 and it is advised to continue using versions prior to PHP 8. Also, have in mind that support for PHP 5 has been discontinued since 2019 and therefore you might encounter issues with your phpList installation. For now, PHP 7 is a safe option for your phpList installation. You might want to have a look at the PHP release history.
Changes in this release:
- PHP 8 fixes: Several minor changes have been made to make sure phpList complies with the latest PHP updates.
- Text templates: add text versions of templates as first-class citizens that can be fully managed within phpList. The default value for the text version of new templates and the value set for existing templates when the database is updated is set to
[CONTENT], so that phpList’s behavior remains unchanged unless the user edits the text template. See Pull Request.
More translations have been added in several languages.
- Improve layout on the “List Campaigns” page after not displaying properly because of collision with a previous change. See Pull Request.
- Avoid PHP warning regarding null type. PHP 8 seems to be more strict about issuing warnings. These warnings are not issued using PHP 7 with error reporting enabled. See Pull Request.
- Fixed menu item for Update not to be displayed when not enabled. See Pull Request.
- Correct the validation of an empty string for an “emaillist” config item. Correct the use of ‘report_address’ when it is empty (the same problem of using explode() on an empty string). See Mantis issue.
- Minor command-line subscriber export improvements. See Pull Request.
- Remove leading/trailing spaces from the entered search value. If an email address was copied and pasted inaccurately on the “Search Subscribers” page, the entered search value did not match if it had leading or trailing spaces. See Pull Request.
This release is the work of Davide Liessi, Duncan Cameron and other Open Source community members who have submitted bug reports and valuable feedback, as well as phpList Ltd. developers. To get involved in phpList development, check out the developer resources pages.
Need help upgrading your phpList server to the newest version? Ask the community at discuss.phplist.org. Professional support from community experts, as well as manuals, source code, and developer resources, can be found at phplist.org. Report all bugs to the bugtracker!